Letter to Writing Partner 1

To:Xiaojing Huang [jojoxiaojing@icloud.com]
From: Lisa Liang [lisaliang@alumni.ubc.ca]
Date: September 16, 2019
Subject: English 301 Writing Team

Hi Jojo,

I am emailing in regards to the English 301 application you have posted on your blog.

Your application stood out to me because we both had very similar experiences. I was also once in the UBC co-op program, where I got to learned how to write formal cover letters and emails. Your career path of switching from Accounting to Computer science is definitely very interesting, both of which gave you a chance to practice your formal writing.

I am a fourth year student, working towards my bachelor’s degree in Science. Aside from my co-op experience, I have also had plenty of practice with formal writing, including scientific articles and research papers. I believe that your attention to detail together with my organization skills will form a great writing team.

Attached is a copy of my application letter to the technical writing class. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me via email.

Best Regards,

Lisa Liang