Unit Three Reflection

This unit was one of the most difficult yet exciting unit for me in this course. The process of coming up with a research plan and gathering data was more time consuming than I thought. When planning my research, I was expecting to have a much larger size sample size, however I was only able to get 23 front line agents and only 5 managers to participate in the survey. Gathering responses from front line agents was a very slow process as a lot of them had different shifts or are on vacation. One feedback I had regarding my survey was the wording of the questions, some agents indicated that the wording was confusing and it is something that I can improve on in the future. For instance, one of the survey question that I had was “How many of your calls end with a customer threatening to file a CCTS complaint?”. Some front line agents were confused whether it is asking how many calls in general gets threaten to file CCTS complaints or how many called with complaints gets threaten to file CCTS. This is something that I will keep in mind next time when creating survey questions. I will need to be more specific with the wording of my questions.

Although the process of gathering data wasn’t my favourite part of the research, I did really enjoy the process of analyzing my data and writing the draft of my report. The results from the surveys were similar to what I had expected, which is great because I can use that data along with the CCTS annual reports to support my recommendations for changes in the call centre. I was able to use the survey responses from front line agents and compare it with the responses from managers to find the common problem and procedure gap in the Burnaby call centre. Originally, I had planned to only use the mid-year CCTS report, but I was able to find the 2018 annual report from CCTS as well, which was extremely useful because it gave me a list of top complaints filed by Telus customers.

As always, the I find the process of peer review very helpful. When I am writing the draft of my formal report, I get so nitpick about the little details of the report that I forget to look at the big picture and the overall layout. My partner was able to give me great feedback on the overall appearance of my formal report. Through previous peer review processes, I’ve picked up lot of tips regarding self editing and looking at my work through the reader’s lens so there was a lot more self editing done prior to the peer review process for this formal report.

First Draft of my Formal Report: 301 Lisa Liang Formal Report Draft