For the past two weeks, it’s been quite an experience for me to work temporarily at the Student Recruitment & Advising Office.

Four weeks ago, I was offered the opportunity to temporarily work in that office. As a regular staff member in the Student Services & Financial Support Office, answering student inquiries is one of the major responsibility in my position. Prior to working with Student Recruitment, our office seems to have little interaction with them. Because of this, whenever we get questions from student regarding admissions, we would automatically forward their calls or emails to the admissions office to handle.

However, in order to provide high quality customer service to our students, I am always seeking to learn and understand a wider range of information about the University so that when students call or email, I can provide them with as much assistance as possible without having to pass them around to different departments.

The past two weeks has been very fun and has certainly given me a broader knowledge and understanding about our University.

As an individual with an HR background, I believe cross-training is very good for a company. So I hope that these kinds of opportunity will be more readily available across the campus at UBC.