Lifelong Learning Model

The Canadian Council on Learning published research findings in 2009, “The State of Aboriginal Learning in Canada: A Holistic Approach to Measuring Success”.
http://www.ccl-cca.ca/ccl/Reports/StateofAboriginalLerning.html
This model for measuring success was created in consultation with Aboriginal learning experts across Canada and is modeled on a holistic, life-long learning framework. The framework has three components: Sources of Domains of Knowledge, Lifelong Learning Journey, and Community Well-Being. The great thing is that this model does not compartmentalize or limit learning to the school environment, but rather considers learning opportunities that occur outside the school setting and across the life span. This holistic, community-based model of learning and measuring success is such a great model I think it is valid for all, not just our aboriginal students. Check out the flash animated, interactive model as well.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged on by .

About smyers

Hi Everyone, I am a high school alternate school teacher living in Vancouver, BC. I have been teaching for 15 years, though I am not sure where all that time has gone. I love working with teenagers, and am grateful that I have the opportunity to share my love of learning with young people every day. It's a pretty sweet gig!