Stolen Children. This website by the CBC includes information on Residential Schools covering many angles. There is information on:
- Analysis, background, history
- Story archive: Truth and Reconciliation
- FAQs: Truth and Reconciliation Commission
- Who’s involved: The commissioners
- A history of Canada’s residential schools
- Timeline of aboriginal education in Canada
- Some big questions for the new commission
- Original commission panel
- Digital Archives: A lost heritage: Canada’s residential schools
- CBC News stories about this topic
- Video & Audio: Prime minister’s apology in Parliament, June 2008
- Video: Although stories of abuse abound, other children had a different experience.
- External Links
- Residential Schools Unit, Assembly of First Nations: Maps, photos
The resources here are very extensive. I especially like the 1950’s video clips where CBC does a report on what happens at Indian Residential schools. It paints a very glowing report and these primary sources are very valuable for historians and students alike.