Rakhshanda Khan

my work

Technology has disrupted traditional means for learning. Emerging technologies have been generating and reshaping new spaces and platforms for reading, writing and learning. The new digital platforms provide us opportunities to inspire others and to be inspired. I was inspired by my kids and photoshop (my first photoshopped the original pic obtained via google – first step to learn adobe photoshop) the posted picture. I photoshopped it for Facebook. For me creating digital contents is an art, whereas writing, design and graphical presentation of thoughts are components to produce effective text.

My name is Rakhshanda Khan. I am living in Brampton Ontario and volunteering as a jump math tutor for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel. Also, I, back home, have University and college teaching experience where I had taught engineering and physics courses. New technologies is my subject of interest especially learning new software and computer languages.

I look forward to working and learning with you.

Rakhshanda Khan

11 thoughts on “Rakhshanda Khan

1. Hello Rakhshanda,

I like how you have used your own digital media image to represent such a powerful message. I have not yet used Photoshop and it is easy to forget the power of combining words with an image. Thank you for sharing!

Tina

2. Hello Rakhshanda! It must be interesting and challenging working as a math tutor! I love math but since my son started grade 4 I’ve been reconsidering! Looking forward to working with you.

Jennifer

• Thanks Jennifer, Teaching maths is not as challenging as keeping young kids engage with learning activities.
      Best

Rakhshanda

3. Hi Rakhshanda! What a great background and perspective you will bring to 540! I look forward to working with you this summer.
    ~Sandra

4. Hello Rakhshanda!

Nice to read about you! I also volunteered for Big Brothers Big Sisters – I never realized how much an organization can make such a positive impact.

Looking forward to working with you and everyone else,

Matt

5. Hi Rakhshanda! Nice to see you here. Photoshop is incredible. If you have a smart phone or tablet, be sure to download Photoshop Express (PS Express), which is free. All the best! Julia