Rip.Mix.Feed: Stop Motion

Last term in ETEC 510: Design of Technology-Learning Environments, I used the Stop Motion Studio app for the first time.  Stop motion requires that one take pictures, compile them, edit, add music and then post their piece to tell their story.  This in my opinion is what Rip. Mix Feed is all about.  This app can be used for digital storytelling for any subject.  The app is extremely easy to use, stop motion requires patience to the nth degree, one must take a picture move the scene slightly and take another picture. This allows the user to repeat frames, as well as reverse selected frames. This not only adds dimension to the final production, it allows one to play with your frames.    I made a two minute short video and it required almost 400 stills.  I have attached a copy of the video that I created, this video focuses on Social Media Anxiety.

YouTube Preview Image

5 thoughts on “Rip.Mix.Feed: Stop Motion

1. Great video… Powerful in its message and a great way of telling a story. I think this video would really speak to youth engaging with social media/anxiety. Well done!

2. Thank you for sharing your work. I have used stop motion for creating digital stories with students using claymation using either iMovie or MovieMaker. I will definitely try Stop Motion Studio. I’m always looking for new tools.

3. Haneefa, great video on a useful topic. It must have been a huge amount of work to create your raw footage of 400 stills, and then do the editing to frames and add your titles and music track. I liked the crescendo by the way. The anxiety was building up right there in the video!

I will make sure to try the Stop Motion Studio app when I have time.

Just by the by, you may be interested in this *spectacular” stop motion short film “Address is Approximate” https://vimeo.com/32397612