Collaborative Flipboard – Assignment #4

For my final multimedia assignment, I chose to extend my Rip.Mix.Feed project and explain the rationale behind selecting the medium of Flipboard to illustrate my understanding of the course material. I felt that Flipboard did well to remediate the traditional printed magazine, and since remediation was a theme that ran throughout the course, I felt that it was an appropriate approach to take for this final assignment.

To supplement the Flipboard which can be found here, I created a short video which explains my rationale, as well as gives a quick guide to using Flipboard. The two other key terms that I wanted to explore through my video was ‘distributed knowledge’ and ‘multimodality’ and so I felt that creating a video that contained multiple modes (both audio and visual) of conveying messages  would be a suitable choice for expression.

The video can be viewed below.

3 thoughts on “Collaborative Flipboard – Assignment #4

1. Hello Yikwah,

Great video. Very clearly spoken and organized. You did a great job of synthesizing the topics of this course.

Cheers,
    Ben

2. Hi Yik Wah,
    Flipboard seems like a really interesting program. You collected a lot of very interesting resources about digital literacy. Digital and multi-literacies are going to become increasingly important as we continue on with digital technologies.
    Catherine

3. Thanks for sharing this, you have very effectively tied in the major ideas from Bolter’s book and justified the use of the platform of Flipbook. I personally haven’t used Flipbook, but am really looking forward to trying this tool.