Links to Practice

My goal as a teacher is to bring joy to learning through the passion I evoke in the subjects I teach. As I move away from a traditional lecture based classroom structure my focus will be to increase a creative, hands-on learning environment in Foods and Nutrition classrooms. It will be my goal as a teacher to engage each and every student, whether they are high achievers or challenged; being adaptable to different learning styles and personalities is a vital role I must play as an educator. I see kinesthetic learning evolving among other teachers as they begin to see the beneficial outcomes incorporating these activities into their practice. The combination of movement and critical analysis has an extraordinary impact on student engagement and enhanced academic achievement in other subject areas as well as their daily lives. The positive implication this process will have on my future practice is unimaginable. I believe that through my observations, achievements, and pitfalls I will be able to build a stronger philosophy towards my personal practice enhancing my contribution to my students learning.