Ads in Music Videos

Reading Madison’s blog post recently made me think about how we constantly position brands that advertise themselves in the music videos that we see today. It is something that I’ve discussed in a class before but from a psychological perspective and how consumers are secretly targeted by being shown a single image for a few seconds. When looked at from a business perspective, I agree with Madison’s view when she talks about the music industry generating revenues by allowing ads to place themselves in the music videos.

5431442103_1059ee2781

One particular brand that has been doing this for years now is Beats by Dr. Dre. and this link provides an insight into a few of the many videos that the brand has debuted itself in. I see this as an effective strategy by the company whereby they repeatedly position themselves in the consumers minds as one of or rather the best headphones/pioneers in speakers in the industry, by constantly appearing in multiple music videos. They did displayed this skill during this years World Cup by releasing a video consisting of many football players experiencing The Game Before The Game with Beats.