Impact by First Nations

I have heard a lot about the first Nations communities since my arrival in Vancouver, and have grown to appreciate the culture and people for being and letting us be with them on their lands and home. Courses like Anthropology have allowed me to learn a lot about their lives, but a recent lecture in Comm 101 gave me the opportunity to reflect upon my actions.

10192767

Miss Amie Wolf gave us an interesting lecture that enlightened me in ways I can contribute to the First Nations community from a business perspective. She displayed some qualities and norms of the local tribes that encourage us to be more ethical, such as reciprocity, holism and gratitude.

I was led to do some research that inclined me to being more supportive towards local communities and one project in particular would be to save their home and land. This article presents a good overview on the situations faced by the First Nations tribes and ways we as BCom students and potential entrepreneurs can make more ethical decisions and reduce our impact on the environment and their lives.