301 Kathryn Simone Application Letter

Kathryn Simone
3138 Dryden Way
North Vancouver, BC
V7K 2Y8
May 18, 2020

ENGL 301 – Technical Writing
University of British Columbia
2329 West Mall Vancouver, BC
V6T 1Z3

To my classmates of English 301:

Please consider my application for acceptance into your writing team for the duration of the summer semester, as advertised on the English 301 98A Lesson 1:2 Assignment Instruction Page. I am currently a 3rd year Bachelor of Computer Science student, and I graduated with a degree in psychology from UBC in 2018.

While I was studying for my first degree I worked in the University of British Columbia Infant Cognition Lab as a research assistant. Throughout my time there, I assisted in carrying out laboratory testing on the infants, where I conducted puppet shows, tracked their eye movements, and observed reactions in order to gather data. With this data, I assisted in writing lab reports, where I honed my technical writing skills. Since graduation, I have worked as a behavioural support worker for the North Vancouver School District. For each student on my case, I wrote technical documents with observations and recommendations that would subsequently be passed on to other professional teams. These experiences, combined with my psychology studies, have given me a technical and practical understanding of what it takes to be a skilled writer.

Currently, I am working as a software developer, and must communicate with my clients online. Although I have experience with this, I do feel that I wish to improve my ability to communicate more sincerely to my clients. At times, I feel I communicate in a way that seems more robotic than natural. Although this is a current weakness, I hope to develop new strategies to improve my writing style and communication throughout this course.

Should you wish to create a partnership in this course, please feel free to contact me at kathrynsimone95@gmail.com.

Sincerely,

Kathryn Simone

301-Kathryn-Simone-Application-Letter-

1 Comment

Filed under Uncategorized

One Response to 301 Kathryn Simone Application Letter

1. Hi, this is a comment.
    To get started with moderating, editing, and deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in the dashboard.
    Commenter avatars come from Gravatar.