Caps’ Crazy Crowd

Last season I went to several Whitecaps games and all of them combined were less than the cheapest Vancouver Canucks’ ticket.  The crowd was rowdy and had specific chants that continued throughout the entire game.  The atmosphere was ecstatic, the singing, the hollering, the yelling.  And to think, all of that did not cost an arm or a leg, or both for that matter.

When I was a child I had the luxury of going to a few Canuck’s games with my parents and my brother.  Yes, I’m sure it was not the cheapest, yet as a rare luxury it was affordable.  Now, however, it would be incredibly costly to get four seats anywhere in the arena.  Thankfully, for a fraction of the price you can go see an MLS game.  The Whitecaps have strategically positioned themselves as the most affordable (and in my opinion best atmosphere) professional team in Vancouver.  Families, as well as students and young adults, can afford to go watch these games.  Their new promotion targeting students will entice many to purchase season tickets since it costs only $189 (less than $11 per game) and the seats are located in the heart of the Southsiders’ section.

It is absolutely wonderful to be able to afford to go out and see a game.  The Whitecap’s are aware of its relative popularity to the other two professional sports, so the lower ticket prices will increase demand and increase general awareness for the team and the sport.  The world of professional sports is no longer that solely of the business and networking professional.  The Whitecaps FC have returned it to families who want to be able to afford a luxury, and students who desire a break from studies, allowing everyone to get lost in a whirlwind atmosphere.

YouTube Preview Image

Southsider’s Experience Overview