Marketing Review!!!

This term I had a great team as we all collaborated on the assignments and worked together incredibly well.  Through respecting each other’s ideas and building upon them we were able to produce an end product we could all be proud of.  The assignments also helped me realize how marketing affects our daily lives.  From companies targeting and segmenting groups on specific factors (i.e. Geographic, demographic), to brand affiliations, recognition and associations, marketing constantly surrounds us.

The main skills I developed were relating the course concepts to real world examples, and thinking critically about a company’s 4 P’s and their STP strategies.  Concepts constantly overlap and affect each other, such as a brand’s image affecting how they promote the value of certain products.  In the world things are rarely black and white, they are typically some shade of grey.

Tourism Whistler

Working with such awesome group members helped develop my ability to effectively communicate my views and opinions as well as respond to any constructive criticisms.  I would not change anything about my group members, and with regards to the assignments, I felt we worked well to accomplish our goals and follow our group contract.  When one member put forth more effort in one area, the other members would put in extra effort in others.  As a result, we had fantastic team cohesion and everyone did their parts excellently and pulled their weight.  Not only did we finish the assignments on time and to our high standards, we had a great time doing them!

Video Resume – Just for fun!

This course was incredibly useful, and contributed to my critical thinking abilities.  My favourite aspect was constantly relating the theory to personal and world examples.  Through this, I was able to understand the material with greater ease, and will continue to relate everything I learn to previous experiences in order to understand and remember them more.