Multiliteracies in ELA Classrooms

Time Sensitive: Question for the Class

November 26th, 2012 · 9 Comments

Hello all,

I mentioned in class that my son Ben is one of three boy trebles in the following performance, which will be held at the Orpheum on 7 December: http://www.vancouverchamberchoir.com/concerts.php?idm=201 .

A pre-concert recording session will be held at the CBC this Wednesday and Ben has to be in the studio by 7:00pm. The CBC has asked that the boy trebles are accompanied by an adult. I have a few options here:

1. Find him another adult chaperone.
2. Leave our class at 6:00pm and schedule another lab session for the last hour from 6:20-7:20.
3. Leave our class at 6:00pm and bring in a guest speaker from 6:20-7:20.
4. End the class at 6:00pm and allow you to use the last portion of the class to work on the final project.

Can you let me know which of the above three options you prefer (OR propose your own suggestion) by responding in the comment thread of this post?

Thanks,

Teresa

Tags: Uncategorized

9 responses so far ↓

• sarahmoir // Nov 26th 2012 at 1:41 pm

Hi Teresa,
    I think its important for you to be there, and since I know personally I have a ton of work to do, so I vote for option 4 🙂
    Sarah

• dinouye // Nov 26th 2012 at 1:46 pm

I third what’s been said. Most importantly, be there for/with your son! What an exciting opportunity! Option 4 would be welcome. Thanks for checking in with us and offering options.

• maya // Nov 26th 2012 at 1:58 pm

i vote for you being with your son. what an honour for him to be invovled with this. and i’m sure it was because you drove him to music class for years:) go! we can work on our assignments

• Katie // Nov 26th 2012 at 2:13 pm

I also think option 4. I know we will be stressed to get work done. So exciting about your son!

• bsangster // Nov 26th 2012 at 2:36 pm

Ditch your son and stay with us! I can’t bear the thought of not having class in the new year!

… but if that doesn’t fly… option 4 is my vote.

• Kiran // Nov 26th 2012 at 3:12 pm

I vote for Option #4 as well! Congrats to your son, Teresa!

• mdry // Nov 26th 2012 at 3:56 pm

I agree with #4. I have an overwhelming amount of work to do so that suits me just fine!

Congrats to Ben!

• Rita // Nov 26th 2012 at 8:47 pm

Option #4 sounds good to me!

• Rita // Nov 26th 2012 at 8:47 pm

Option 4 sounds good to me!