Email message to Siddhartha Gupta

Hi Siddhartha,

My name is Luke Jang, your classmate in ENGL 301 98A. I read through your application letter on your blog and it instantly drew me into working with you for the term. Therefore, I am writing this letter to you to invite you to join my professional writing team. Your skills in developing User Manuals and your diverse background in living at different places in the past were very interesting for me.

Prior to my education at UBC, I obtained a diploma in Aircraft Maintenance. When performing maintenance on aircrafts, reading, understanding and following user manuals for a proper fix are very important, so I always had an ample gratitude towards manual developers. Aside from being grateful to manual developers, I am proficient in following instructions from a written document, so we would have a good chemistry in working together. Personally, I have never met or worked with a manual developer before, so it would be awesome if you could work with me.

As for your multicultural background, I personally think that people with broader experience in different culture settings could be more open-minded and accepting to various opinions, therefore, there might be a better chance of a better click to each other’s thoughts. As a person who is very interested in Indian and Chinese culture, we might be able to open up fun conversations with each other as well.

Please see the attached application letter of mine and see if we could work together. I really hope that we can be teammates for the term.

Thank you !

Luke Jang