Girl Takes RMST Class and Falls in Love With Literature Again !!- “Last RMST Blog Post” by Maxene Uy

And with this blog post I bid a tearful goodbye!

This is a class I genuinely fell so so in love with. I loved taking time out of my very busy day to sit down and read. What I find adorable is that my first blog post was so proper but if you read my recent blog posts I now tend to take a very personal approach, giving each post a piece of my personality and opinion. As a sociologist I found so much of the books interesting as it contained so much to say about class, gender, race, relationships, etc. It was very easy for my to apply my knowledge in sociology into the work we read and I just found that so satisfying.

Now this class has opened my eyes to languages. If I did not have my already beloved LASO minor I would totally do RMST as a minor! There was just something so satisfying about seeing different societies and time periods play out in the books. I also found out that I just have a thing for female protagonists. My favourites in this class just happened to be the ones with a female lead. But truly this class has sparked a very dying passion in me, reading. Genuinely this has sparked that light in me again and I do truly hope to spend my summer reading.

I’ve also found myself indulging in more romantic languages after taking this course. I am so addicted to this Brazilian novella caled Hilda Furacao, please let me know if any of you have watched this! I also have found romance languages and cultures being way more present in my life. I work at an Italian market for those of you who don’t know so maybe I should learn Italian? Fun fact for Jon if he reads this, I work with Patricio, your old TA!

Anyways, I will leave my last paragraph for Jon, Tesi and Daniel. Thank you for this amazing class. Genuinely I have never had so much fun in a class and I believe it wouldn’t be done without you guys. There was a tremendous amount of effort put into this class and I applaud you all for reading every post, comment and keeping things super engaging. I hope to take more classes with you Jon but if not this class has genuinely been a favourite of mine.

My last question for you my readers is, what are your book recommendations? Please no booktok books I will genuinely rip my eyes out.

Peace out RMST 202, Don’t be a shitty boyfriend.

7 thoughts on “Girl Takes RMST Class and Falls in Love With Literature Again !!- “Last RMST Blog Post” by Maxene Uy

1. “Fun fact for Jon if he reads this, I work with Patricio, your old TA!”

Ha, of course I was going to read this! Say hi to Patricio for me! One of those Italians from Argentina… 🙂

I’m so glad you enjoyed the class, and above all fell (back) in love both with literature and also, it seems, with languages. Yay!

Thanks so much for all your contributions, and have a great summer!

2. I prefer non-fiction books, autobiographies, and betterment books. One of my favorite books is 48 Laws of Power. Although a lot of the techniques shown in the book are manipulative and kind of crazy it opened my eye to a lot of things and a new way of thinking. Pretty interesting read if you want to learn a thing or two about gaining power and want to get away from a “storybook” type of novel.

3. Maxine is an icon.
    My recommendation is this super underground book called “Money to Burn”. It is one of the best works of literature.
    All in all, it was great to work with you! You truly have an unwavering passion for literature. All the best!
    Gabby

4. Hi! I also enjoyed this class a lot but it was so refreshing to read that this class sparked your passion for reading and languages! I love that!! I just finished Life of Pi by Yang Martel, I thought it was really interesting! I hope many other classes bring you as much joy as this one did 🙂

5. Hi Maxene, I don’t have any book suggestions but I’m happy I found an anti-smut booktok enjoyer 🙂 You’re a beast at Kahoot and thank you for all the dope blog posts throughout the semester.