Livening Your Online Course with RSS

Brian Lamb and I did a Horizon Wimba Desktop Lecture Series session yesterday called “Livening your Online Course with RSS”.

I kind of wish we’d named it “Livening your online (course) environment with RSS” – be a little more fitting, I think, since we emphasize how to use RSS on any web page.

It was quite an experience, actually — I have used Horizon Wimba as a participant and at the WebCT conference in July, Brian came into the presentation through HW’s Live Classroom – but it was my first full experience as a presenter. I enjoyed it, though I always find giving talks a bit nerve-wracking…

If you are interested, please feel free to check out the archive (though I must admit — it’s almost as embarrassing to hear one’s self as it is to see one’s self):

Archive link

We did a similar talk at the WebCT conference in July, focusing more on the WebCT side. The presentation slides are linked off of the WebCT conference site here.

If you are interested in this topic, Brian (mostly) and I did a workshop at UBC on this topic. The materials for that session (including a WebCT CE 4 backup) are available at:

http://workshoprss.notlong.com

I would be remiss if I did not thank Alan Levine for his awesome Feed2JS service… it makes our workshops and talks much simpler.

Soon – -though… we’ll be using aggRSSive….

This entry was posted in Teaching & Learning Online. Bookmark the permalink.