Chhina Checks Off His Top Four for School Board

Listing a vision for Vision – 12th and Cambie

It appears to be Vision Vancouver school board candidate Narinder Chhina’s wish list for school board and council. On the left side of the page is a Vision school board ballot. The letter X is marked in boxes for Chhina, Kenneth Clement, Shargon Gregson and Stepan Vdovine.

Vdovine was surprised to learn that he had been added to the Chhina list as the first he had heard about it was when the mailout arrived at his door.

Vision is running four school board candidates in the Nov. 15 election.

One thought on “Chhina Checks Off His Top Four for School Board

1. MEDIA RELEASE
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

September 19, 2008

VISION EDUCATION CANDIDATE SETS THE RECORD STRAIGHT

VANCOUVER – Stepan Vdovine was surprised and concerned to find that his name was included in a slate that was mailed to numerous Vision members this week. Stepan has been a member of the Vision Education Committee since its inception in November 2007 and is a contributor to the Vision Education Policy Framework.

“My name was included on a slate without my knowledge or consent and should not be interpreted as blanket support for the other candidates listed,” commented Stepan. “I am supporting Patti Bacchus, Mike Lombardi and Helesia Luke based on my experience working with them on the Vision Education Committee.”

Stepan Vdovine, 23, is an activist, post-secondary student and passionate public education advocate. He was first elected to the municipal office in 2005 as a school trustee for the Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows Board of Education.

For more information about Stepan visit his website at http://www.stepan08.ca