Monthly Archives: February 2022

Reply on The Passion According to G. H

Clarice Lispector’s article is indeed very obscure for someone like me who doesn’t have much exposure to literature. In the article, she asked herself “could I now start thinking”? But the whole book is full of profound and philosophical thinking, making readers unable to help thinking along the author’s words. She discusses every little detail of what she sees, thinks, and even feels, and seeks to understand and define herself. She connects her hand to happiness, and what is it like when a person doesn’t experience happiness? There may be fears, and desires for the good, which may be something one needs to experience, or think about, in the face of adversity. Many mantras often lead to the meaning behind the appearance by discovering the phenomenon and asking questions. Literary works that portray uniqueness, such as this one, can help us learn more about the world and the events that occur around us. When the author recalls G’H entering the maid’s chamber, he is horrified, but the encounter also turns out to be a process of self-seeking. There are sharp lines cutting the ceiling, empty space and crazy figures on the wall. Through the maid description, just like Lispector words knowing herself from others. And “the drawing is not a decoration it a writing” just like In GH’s eyes, the maid’s evaluation of her was reflected in the lines on the wall. Clarice Lispector’s writing style is inconsistent; her chapters are disjointed, and some of the incidents are even more odd. Is this, like the dissection of a cockroach’s body, a process of building one’s own identity? The description of the environment is also combined with the mapping of mentality, as if it was written on page 82, “No dark, just lightless, I then perceived that the room existed in itself.” The combination of people and the environment deepens the interpretation of metaphysics. This process is full of violence, turmoil, and absurdity. She talks about the cockroach, and at the same time brings up the accidents in her life, such as her pregnancy. Her experiences, her disability, have shaped her unique writing style, living in joy with pain, discovering her own existence. Every chapter and every shot she describes is like a dream, dazed and unrealistic, and it can trigger her thinking. Even a safe can remind her of darkness, hell and pain.

I can’t help but ask my classmates who have read this book, can you understand it? Will this style of writing give readers a sense of humiliation?

Sagan, Françoise. Bonjour Tristesse. Reply

When I finish reading Bonjour Tristesse, as a reader, I felt a variety of emotions, including anger, regret, and sadness. Maybe because of my upbringing and my education, I didn’t like this book very much. How did a nineteen-year-old girl come up with such a light-hearted storey? On such a lovely summer day, with beach, sunlight, and the scent of love in the air, the title of the book hints that the plot isn’t as fast paced as the image it depicts.

At the beginning of the novel the author uses nobility to describe sorrow. One cannot help but ask, why can nobility and sorrow be linked together? Cécile’s growth, the unexpected price she paid on her road to youth, I believe, accompanied the formation of this feeling.

Personally, Cécile and Raymond, in some ways, remind me of egoists, hedonists, or individualists. They are the sort of folks that lived life to the fullest after war. Before the arrive of Ann, their lives are freewheeling, as described on page 19: Cécile she just is lying on bed, she thinks about her life and the way of enjoying life, and her life seem full of joy without the will of study. And her father, Raymond, enjoys his life around women. The addition of other characters has just hastened the tragedy’s development; even without Elsa or Cycil, Ann’s fate may be the same, simply because they are not the same sort of people.

Cécile ‘s heart is extremely sensitive, for example, she was very happy when she knew that Ann was coming, but she was afraid of her, and she didn’t even want to pick her up with Raymond.

When Raymond and Ann decide to marry, the plot takes a new turn. Cécile ‘s unpleasant sentiments begin to get stronger in Chapter 6 as she fears for her future existence. When Ann said, “I was afraid of your being frightened of me”, I think she is really a smart and considerate woman. She knew how the little girl felt, and she said it meant she cared. Cécile ‘s inner contradiction is obvious, as in the novel more than one place she praises Ann, praising her character, beauty, her wisdom, and even she seems like a distant and untouchable sacred character. Ann’s control over her behavior makes Cécile unable to accept Ann to change their lives. It’s more like a rebellious child, making excuses for her maverick. She would realize that she was a spoiled girl and that she was planning something wrong, but she instinctively avoided the care and love that Ann brought her.

Cécile and her father show off their character, lover, kiss, make love, behind this passionate life, their hearts may be full of emptiness, lacking and not wanting to be discovered by others, which leads them to not want others to hinder them development of.

What I want to know is What happens, will change the direction of the story?

Nada review

This Spanish girl’s experience seemed strange to me. Her upbringing has been in tune with her age and the social environment in which she grew up since she became an orphan. Because it was unsurprising that there was a tumultuous family dynamic during the turbulent years of the Spanish Civil War. Carmen uses lyrical language to depict Andrea’s surroundings, the words she hears, and the feelings she experiences. Complaints, aggression, and prejudice pervade her life, and she must learn to break through herself and become self-sufficient. This awakening of female consciousness is not only cherished at that time, even in modern times it is still the consciousness that women need.

I recall Andrea being sick at one point. In that frail state, she can actually feel a sliver of happiness, and this description can sense her subtle emotional fluctuations. Instead of spending time with her relatives, she strolled about the city by herself, which her aunt Angustias described as an example of a wicked girl. For her, the adult world is not so easy to integrate into. She takes to the city’s streets in an attempt to discover her own liberation from that suppressed, unpleasant relationship.

She kept her gaze fixed on everyone in the family, as if they couldn’t escape her gaze when they spoke. Gloria’s sorrowful eyes, her grandmother’s shaking hands, and her uncle, an agent, all spoke of family strife from various perspectives.

Andrea wanted to find like-minded friends in her peers, and the classmate, Ena, she liked approached her just to let her introduce Roman. Like many ordinary girls, she needed to find a listener who could share her story with her. But for a girl who came to an unfamiliar environment, it seems to be a very difficult. Andrea enjoyed the time when Angustias left their house, and she went to her bedroom, lying on the bed. This likes when the person who always puts pressure on himself suddenly leaves, and the mind gets a moment of relaxation.

Andrea, on the other hand, is not so mature that she embarrasses herself with the temporary use of pocket money. A boy she didn’t like kissed her. She doesn’t have the ability to adjust her life or control the environment around her. But these seem to belong to the behavior of young people again. In her own words, her happiness needs to be paid for by unhappiness.

In the end, the girl returned to the theme of getting nothing. She seems to have learned nothing from this quarrel and violence, but she is the child who has really grown up.