Nutrikids volunteers are UBC students from various faculties that have two things in common — a passion for nutritious food and an eagerness to share their knowledge with young, curious children. This position offers a unique experience to practice nutrition education out on the field with real world experiences.
2020 – 2021 applications are available in September 2020.
We look forward to meeting all our new and returning volunteers this upcoming September. Applications will be available here!
In doing so, students gain the following skills:
- Collaboration and communication
- Presenting and public speaking skills
- Workshop facilitation and lesson planning
- Developing food literacy skills
- And nutrition education.
- Attend the Orientation and BC Dairy Foundation nutrition workshop (Tentatively September 28th, 2019)
- Collaborate with pod members to plan and facilitate a minimum of 2 workshops per semester. However, we encourage you to sign up for more! (Ongoing from October – June).
- Liaise with the teacher to establish workshop schedule and determine areas of interest for the lessons! (Ongoing from October – June).
- Request completed teacher evaluation forms at the end of each semester (End of December and April).
- And maintain communication with Nutrikids Coordinators (Ongoing from October – June).
Every year, we celebrate all your hard work with a volunteer social! This includes fun activities, free food, and awesome company.
To sign up for a Nutrikids workshop or for any general inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us on social media: