Hi everyone!

Welcome to Allard! My name is Alison and I am the Student Coordinator at the Centre for Feminist Legal Studies. The CFLS is devoted to fostering critical perspectives at law school, in the legal profession, in legal academia, in public policy, and anywhere else our work reaches.

A feminist nap!

One of the best things the CFLS has to offer you as 1Ls is the Marlee Kline Room, way up on the 4th floor of Allard Hall. The Marlee Kline Room is a student lounge and library and is a great space to eat lunch, get some work done, chat with friends, or enjoy tea and cookies on the house. I spent many of my morning and lunch breaks up there and really enjoyed meeting upper year students and having a safe space to refresh before heading to my next class.

Feminist tea and cookies!

The CFLS also puts on a lecture series (stay tuned for the schedule!) featuring our visiting scholars and some of the incredible feminist faculty here at Allard. You’ll quickly find your lunch hours filling up with workshops, lectures, and other activities, so make sure you save some space for a CFLS lecture or two.

Feminist books!

There are a number of ways to get involved with the CFLS. Whether you want to write a blog, host a discussion group, organize an event, or just re-stock the cookie tin, we welcome your ideas!

I look forward to meeting you all at O-Week. Until then, have a wonderful summer and feel free to reach out if you have any questions about the CFLS or 1L in general. I can be reached at cfls@allard.ubc.ca and am happy to chat!

-Alison Colpitts