About

(1) The stuff of UBC brochures aka during Imagine Day as MUG Leader (2) In a full hipster outfit, indulging in the best sushi in downtown Van

The basics, let-me-introduce-myself part:

• My name’s Jennine aka Jenny with the afterthought of an n.
  • My co-workers over at the Global Lounge will call me Francheska. Please don’t let this confuse you, it is only my middle name.
  • I’m in Arts (the Faculty that needs more pride, which I am more than happy to provide), hoping to major in one of the following: Political Science, International Relations, French, European Studies. I AM STILL UNABLE TO CHOOSE.
  • I am obsessed with French language and culture. You should see my room- it’s an Eiffel Tower exhibit.
  • I’m ~in a relationship~ with a SFU Student (GASP). It’s a “serious” one, too. Yeah, I know- I’m missing out on the fun of meeting new people, but he bakes, so that’s good enough for me!
  • I’m from Surrey, and yes, I commute for 4 hours a day (to and back), 6 days a week (yes, I often have to come out Saturdays, and maybe Sunday too).
  • I’ve been in Canada for 6 years, and before that I grew up in the Philippines.
  • In UBC, I like to hang out at the Global Lounge and the CSI in Brock Hall.
  • I’m a geek of many, many things (BBC shows, Off-Broadway musicals, History documentaries, and MUN conferences to name a few).
  • I am a keener, by the very definition and sense of the word.

The randomosity, TLDR; part:

• My nickname: Cheska, derived from my middle name
  • What I do before bedtime: I… check my email. And I read.
  • Hogwarts House: RAVENCLAW (this is verified, I have a Pottermore account, Rowling said so)!
  • What I would do with a million dollars: INVEST, buy things my family wants, send money to relatives, Eurotrip, book collection.
  • The city of my dreams: PARIS PARIS PARIS- for all the cheesy, overused reasons you’d expect.
  • Weird talents: Highly retentive memory (I learn lines and choreography in a snap), voice imitation, my dancing isn’t awful either… can you believe I used to be a theatre kid?
  • IF ZOMBIES ATTACK ME IN THE MALL, I WOULD CHOOSE: A wand for a weapon, “Back In Black” by AC/DC as the background song, and Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games as my ally.
  • Favourite Olympic Mascot: Mukmuk. I know he wasn’t technically one, but he is the best! I dressed up as Mukmuk Halloween of 2010.