- 2010-2011. Reconstructing historical memory in conflict and post-conflict zones – A pedagogical strategy. Funded by the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs.
- 2010-2011. SOWK 440C – Social/Community Development and Community Based Research. Funded by the UBC – Faculty of Arts / Course Development Funds.
- 2010-2011. Neighbourhood houses in Canada: examining a place-based solution to complex challenges in Canadian urban communities. (First phase – proposal development). Co-investigator. Directed by: Prof. Miu Chung Yan. Funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC).
- 2008-2001. The social functions of memory and the task of reconstructing a historical memory of the conflict in Colombia. Funded by the UBC – Hampton Fund Research Grant in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- 2006-2010. New public consortia in Brazil. Co-investigator with Erika de Castro, Jean Shoveller, Nora Angeles, and Terry McGee. Directed by Peter Boothroyd. Funded by the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA).
- 2004-2009. Forced migration of Colombians. A comparative study on fear, historical memory and public representations in Colombia, Ecuador and Canada. Co-directed with Martha Villa. Co-investigator: Fredy Rivera. (Four phases). Funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC), the International Development Research Centre (IDRC), Deutsche Welthungerhilfe (German Agroaction), the Colombian Institute for the Development of Sciences and Technology (Colciencias), and the UBC – HSS Large Grant.
- 2003-2005. Memory and Globalization: XIIIth International Oral History Conference. Funded by the UBC – Research Grand and HSS Small Grant.
- 2004. The Downtown Eastside Crime Prevention. Funded by the City of Vancouver.
See also: Research, Current Research