Application Letter

Standard

2816 West King Edward Ave

Vancouver, BC,

V6L 1T9

May 22nd 2020

English 301 Class,Summer Session 1, 2020

University of British Columbia

Vancouver, BC,

V6T 1Z1

Attention: Excellent Writers In English 301

For my future potential group members,

Hi! I write this letter to explain both my writing strengths and weaknesses, so that we may supplement each other, and henceforth improve our writing skills.

I have worked on a Capstone project with 7 team members and external stakeholders. I had to focus on the priorities of the various stakeholders and I had to develop my arguments.This has put me in a position to collaborate with other people. I have learnt how to use Slack channels and Discord groups to strengthen communication and increase clarity and understanding within the team.

I have a lot of experience developing User Manuals, which has taught me a variety of skills that I consider my writing strengths.One must keep these documents engaging to maintain the attention of the reader. Henceforth, I learnt how to use a variety of vocabulary, to make it interesting for the reader to follow along. In addition,user manuals must also illustrate various procedures for the proper use of a product. From this, I have learned to use adequately descriptive language. 

Another strength is my multicultural background.I have lived in India, China and Malaysia. This has made me more empathetic of other people’s cultures and better at working in a multicultural team. . 

My biggest weakness is that, at times, I lack succinct, and conciseness. I tend to over explain in fear that my audience may not fully understand. In addition I have trouble prioritizing which aspects of an idea is most important hence I have trouble condensing the explanation down. However I have learned, putting space between me and my work which helps me see more clearly what’s important.. However I hope to get better at being concise the first time around. 

My learning philosophy hinges on engagement, I learn best through discussions and debates. This may be in a class setting or a more informal setting such as on a group chat. I believe stating my thoughts out loud to another person helps me better organize my own thoughts and solidify my understanding. Often it also leads to new ways of looking or understanding course material.

If you believe that my skill set will best complement yours and would like to reach me to form a team. I can be reached on my email siddhero97@gmail.com or my phone n umber 2363343290

Best Regards

Siddhartha Gupta