Reflection on Creating a Web Folio

Creating a Web Folio has been an eye opening experience. I always recognized that the experiences I outlined on my resume played a major role in my eligibility and success when applying for jobs but have not thought as much about the impact of the actual work I’ve done. It is one thing to list an experience and your accomplishments within that role, and a completely different thing to fully demonstrate and display your work. Moving forward, I understand that my writing and other projects from past experiences can directly impact my success as well. By creating a web folio, I have created an opportunity for future employers to see direct evidence of my work rather than having to take my word for or the word of my references. Employers will be able to see how my style and skills could apply to their organization. With this in mind, I have a renewed appreciation of the importance of editing and revision. My web folio is something I will continue to work on, revise, and attempt to perfect.