Unit Two Reflections

Unit 2 had interesting variety of assignments. Creating a LinkedIn profile and a professional social media network has been really interesting. I have always understood that my online presence can impact my professional success but I had not yet made the jump to a platform designed for networking. 

The formal report project has definitely been the most intimidating assignment so far. Although I found it relatively simple to identify a problem, conducting the investigation has proven to be more challenging. Peer reviewing my partners proposal was really helpful. Zachary had a clear problem in mind that felt relevant and applicable given the context. It gave me a better idea of how and where to add detail in my own proposal.

The peer review process itself has been helpful for all of my writing. Seeing that despite coming from different perspectives and fields, the same foundational concepts for technical writing can be applied. This really helps to make the document clear to readers that may not be as familiar with the subject matter. This has made me relax about my own writing while also taking extra care to be sure I include all necessary details instead of assuming the readers knowledge.

The techniques and processes I have practiced in this unit will definitely be helpful moving forward into some larger assignments.

Edited Proposal: SydneyDunn_ReportProposal

Peer Review of Proposal: https://blogs.ubc.ca/engl301-98a-2020sa/2020/06/27/peer-review-sy/