Biography

Pleased to meet you!

My name is Taylor Smith, and I am currently in my fourth year of my Bachelor of Arts (BA) at the University of British Columbia (UBC).  I am majoring in History, with a minor in English, and have plans of attending graduate school upon completion of my BA.  My original plans were to attend law school, however, I have recently discovered a keen interest in business.  The next chapter of my academic career will see me either (a) complete a graduate diploma in business, and/or (b) complete a Masters of Business Administration (MBA).

I am an older student, as I just turned 32 at the end of December.  Also, my wife and I just had a son, Hayden Alexander Smith, born on October 17, 2018.  Currently, I am working for Milestones Bar & Grill in a management position, which has peaked my interest in business.  My current job, age, and personal life has helped me see that attending law school might not be the best fit for me.  I would rather complete my schooling sooner than later, and a graduate diploma in business or an MBA would help me obtain the credentials I need, in a shorter amount of time than law school, to start a new and exciting career in business management.

I believe I have a strong set of writing skills, though I am always open to learning and improving.  I feel that both my major and my minor have helped me develop my writing skills more and more, as each semester passes.  I will admit that the way our course is set up has me feeling a bit nervous, as I have never been involved in UBC Blogs or a course layout like ours.  However, I am excited for the challenge, and am looking forward to gaining a new set of skills that will surely help me in my future career.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.  I am looking forward to working together while we learn and perfect new skills to propel us forward in this crazy thing we call life!