Home

Hello, and welcome to my English 301- Technical Writing blog page.  Here you will find my Web Folio, which consists of a variety of assignments that make up the following:

1. Blog: Personal reflections on course material that occur periodically.
  2. Biography:  General overview of my personal achievements and future goals.
  3. Application Package: Several documents that were created in order to apply for a spot in the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program at SFU’s Beedie School of Business.
  4. LinkedIn Profile: Highlights my LinkedIn Profile page
  5. Online Resume: A page dedicated to sharing the online version of my resume
  6. Best Works: My strongest assignments are showcased here.

English 301 is a technical writing course, aimed to offer students a set of skills that will help them succeed both academically and later in their careers.  It is important as students, and as career minded individuals, to be able to present ourselves professionally, both orally and in written form, in order to increase our chances of success.   ENGL 301 offers students the opportunity to acquire new sets of skills, and to perfect already acquired skills in: social media, collaborative peer-review, business writing, and teamwork.

The assignments throughout the course,  are aimed to help us acquire these skills.  These assignments include: a LinkedIn profile, a formal report, and a web-folio, which will allow for students to learn how to professionally create job applications, how to write professional emails and create reports, and present themselves professionally in an online setting.

A unique feature of ENGL 301 is the self-editing and peer-review aspect that is continuous throughout the course.  This feature allows for students to not only use their own editing skills, but also to lean on the help of their peers when it comes to bettering particular assignments.  In turn, this will develop one’s technical writing skills as the semester goes on.  This also encourages teamwork, as it is expected that all students work together to help one another obtain their academic and professional goals.

The course that we are embarking on together is styled in a way that is new to me.  As a fourth year student I welcome this new and exciting challenge, and look forward to learning together with you all.  Best of luck in all your future endeavors.