Project Synopsis

Please refer to the document attached for the minutes of every meeting/ what I did on a weekly basis to supplement this entry (it answers some of the questions you posed).

project-outlineweekly-minutes

To begin, my first meeting with Klara went in a very different direction than I orginally thought it would. I assumed that she would be telling me what I would be doing for the job and that would be that (I was very wrong). When we met, she asked me about what I knew about social media/marketing and what I suggested we do for Art/Seen’s media presence. I have a very basic background in social media management from previous jobs so this first meeting turned into me creating a rough marketing plan for us to follow. Since there was a lot of different sectors of this plan, Klara broke it down and we worked on activating Art/Seen’s Facebook page first. The first plan we established was the weekly postings. It was trial and error to figure out the most efficient way to do it (at first we emailed the drafts but I later found a faster way to do it through Facebook). Once we established a routine, each week became much easier to manage and We decided on a time (5pm on Sundays) to have the drafts done by. Doing this left more room for us to activate other parts of social media. The overall schedule for each week stayed pretty consistent (1-2 hours meeting in person/on Skype with Klara and around 3-4 hours of doing outside research/postings).

One thing I learned was that I needed to take a step back and slow down. I couldn’t achieve all of the goals that I had originally intended in my marketing plan (partially due to to time constraints), but Klara told me that was completely ok. She taught me how to be more organized and that it was more effective to take on one thing at a time and really dedicate yourself to it rather than rush into a bunch of different ideas. I did not expect to putting so much time into Facebook (the research for the posts alone always took a couple hours) and developing the page overall took up the majority of my time with the partnership. Klara also taught me how to develop a stronger and more professional writing tone while working on posts. I have always worked with companies in the entertainment business that were very casual so developing a more serious and proper tone for Art/Seen was a challenging but rewarding.

Even though we did not activate Twitter or do any in person marketing, I still feel extremely confident with the work I did accomplish. I tripled the amount of page likes on Facebook, got the posts significantly more views, and made Art/seen generally more present on the web. When I was researching Art/Seen before the internship, I observed that the company’s presence was minimal (the Faceook was not even on the first page of google). I made it one of my goals to make it appear at the top of the google search on the first page and after two months of working on social media it finally is! This made me feel so accomplished and proud of myself because I was worried that i wasn’t going to be able to do so.

I also did a lot of research (refer to the document for specifics each week), sent emails to other companies and taught myself how to design Facebook cover photos. Another thing I learned was how to properly navigate through Facebook’s back scheduling feature. I had never used it before and learned how to schedule events and posts to publish themselves. Additionally, one element of the job that surprised me was that I learned more about Vancouver based artists through the research I did for the Facebook posts. I believe that the research I did was one of the most important aspects of the job as it pushed me to learn about topics I have never approached.

My creative response is reflective of one of the unfinished things I wanted to do for Klara. We discussed creating the new cover photos a couple weeks before the internship ended but didn’t have enough time to do it so this was the perfect opportunity to do so.

Ironically, this is what I put on my actual resume about a month ago. Because of this internship I was offered a marketing job/social media job for MRG concerts to work for the Vogue Theatre and Biltmore.

Marketing Intern at Art/Seen: September 2016-Present

– Accountable for social media management (in charge of all social media content and postings)

-Developed a marketing growth plan for company

-Responsible for creative logo design (Facebook covers, event pictures, etc.)

—————————————————————————————————————-

Attached  are some pictures of some of the published posts and cover photo designs as well as a link to the Art/Seen Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/artseenvancouver/

vmf-tours1 2 3 4 5 6 7

screen-shot-2016-12-06-at-8-16-00-pm screen-shot-2016-12-06-at-8-16-25-pm screen-shot-2016-12-06-at-8-16-34-pm screen-shot-2016-12-06-at-8-16-40-pm

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.