The Disadvantages of Twitter

Twitter offers the chance to reach hundreds of millions people without any direct costs. Many companies utilize Twitter in their own business. They can marketing inexpensively and effectively. About 140 million people actively use Twitter as of the data of publication, according to the social media network. However, Twitter also has its own limitation and disadvantage.The Disadvantages of Twitter

dead-twitter-bird

1. Posting limits
    140characters1
    Twitter has a 140-character limit to its posts, therefore, users must type tweets concisely. Users cannot tweet videos from uploading. Users can only allow send a maximum of 1000 tweets a day.
  2. Follower Limitations
    images
    Twitter does not limit the number of followers that can follow you; however, accounts that have more than 2,000 followers are usually monitored for unlawful behavior.Once you have 2,000 followers, Twitter can limit the number of additional followers you can receive.
  3. Spamming
    Unknown

Twitter has more than 140 million active users, it is sad to say some of them are spammers who posting links with unrelated tweets, posting duplicate updates, and providing links to websites that promote phishing practices and malware.Twitter has improved its security measures by enable users to flag whet they deem to be spammers.

1. Addictive
    twitter-not-as-addictive-as-nicotine

Some twitter users may find it is difficult to walk away twitter, and some how become an obsession. They will post any thing even that is not relevant or useful.

Beside above disadvantage, personally, there is some limitation of Twitter.

Buried Tweets

images

In order to reduce the plethora of new tweets entered on a daily basis, Twitter has an examination to filter to tweets. Especially for the new individual user, their tweets have the potential to bury quickly and many tweets may go unseen. It is what happens to me, as I am the new users of twitter. My tweets can’t show up even I add a hashtag. It is really annoying me since I can’t post my class participation.