Blog

Academic writing assessment big ideas blogging classroom assessment techniques coaching competencies course design educational developer's portfolio educational development evaluation of teaching facilitation feedback help helping ISSoTL ISSoTL2016 leadership learner-centered teaching Liberating Structures mastermind group meetings mentorship mid-course evaluation mindfulness motivation peer review POD process consultation productivity professional growth program evaluation self-regulated learning SGIF significant conversations significant networks skills small teaching social network theory SoTL teaching teaching dossier teamwork threshold concepts workshop facilitation; facilitation

I blog about educational development, facilitation, and teaching. 

As of March 2018, I am blogging more regularly at isabeauiqbal.com (my coaching site). I will still occasionally blog here.

****

Please click on the tags at the bottom of the page (in the black shaded area) if you would like to find a post on a particular theme. For example, to find posts I have tagged with “educational development”, you would click on that word at the bottom of this page.

Photo credit: Colors by Jon Cornwell (CC BY)

6 tips for starting a mastermind group in higher education

Over the past few years, I have participated in and facilitated several different types of mastermind groups (MMG) within and outside of higher education. (If you are not sure what a MMG is, see my earlier post here). Most recently, I designed and co-facilitated an in-person MMG for educators in the first-year experience (FYE). The […]

Connected Teaching (short book review)

This post was written for “What we’re reading“, a feature in the UBC Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology’s Dialogues newsletter. It is a short review of “Connected Teaching” by Harriet Schwartz, PhD. **** In post-secondary teaching and learning, relationships matter. They matter as much as (and possibly more than) course design, proper use of […]

Teaching philosophy statements – Q&A with faculty members

I facilitated a short session on teaching philosophy statements (TPS) for participants in the Teaching Development Program (TDP) for New Faculty. Based on requests from the TDP cohort members, I focussed specifically on: Looking at examples of strong TPSs Identifying belief statements in the opening and body of the 4 selected TPS samples Identifying alignment […]

Revising (or writing) your teaching philosophy statement

I’m facilitating a session on the teaching philosophy statement (TPS) next month. The entire focus of the session is to look at samples of strong TPS and “analyze” them in order to better understand how to write a TPS. This session is being designed in response to requests by faculty members who are part of […]

Tags