1. Deep Breathing
· Taking a deep breathe not only lowers your blood pressure but also lowers cortisol levels which is what causes anxiety and stress.
2. Light a Candle
· Scents like Lavender or Fresh Linens are known for their relaxing effects.
3. Chew Gum
· Chewing gum also lowers cortisol levels and leaves a person calmer state.
· Studies have shown that hugging is a great way to loosen up and get back to that Zen state of mind.
5. Count backwards
· You’re Kindergarten teacher was on to something. It’s hard to freak out about a due date or midterm when you’re taking a short counting break.
6. Give Yourself a Hand Massage
· This is especially useful for people who spend a lot of time typing. Hands can hold a lot of tension and massaging them is a easy way to remove some of that strain.
· Turn on your favourite song on have a crazy dance party by yourself or with your friends. Release some good endorphins and is guaranteed to put a smile on your face.
8. Make a List
· Make of lists of all the tasks you need done or all of your goal you want to achieve. Often things don’t seem as overwhelming when they’re written down.