Unit 4 Reflection: Web Folio

The purpose of Unit 4 was to analyze our skills and prepare a Web Folio showcasing the work accomplished in ENGL 301. This was a great opportunity to review the first few assignments, and allowed me to showcase my skills in a positive light.

Due to the amount of work we had already put into previous assignments, the Web Folio proved to be a task on formatting my work in to a readable format. As a culmination of all the work that had been done from ENGL 301, I found it quite satisfying to have it all in one place, and it allowed me to feel proud of the work I had accomplished. This process really showcased my ENGL 301 assignments, yet also granted the autonomy to decide how I wanted to present myself and my work.

Additionally, the portfolio involved editing all our past work, and this proved to be a reflective time to see how far I had come. This could be seen specifically in the peer reviews for my colleagues. I had always struggled delivering critiques and comments, and this could be seen in my earlier reviews, which were filled with wordy sentences and casual mentions of errors. However, I could clearly see a shift when we learned how to write with a “You” Attitude. This tone of voice put the reader first and reaffirmed that all comments were for the betterment of reviewee. With this in mind, I could actually see my writing style shift away from a passive tone and deliver my comments confidently and respectfully.

Finally, this Web Folio helped me understand how I have not only simply written assignments in this course, but have accomplished professional workplace tasks such as: creating a standardized resume, fully completing my LinkedIn profile, and searching for jobs. These were all things that I was able to do with guidance from my peers, which was a valuable opportunity.

Overall, the creation of this web folio nicely concluded a fulfilling term in ENGL 301. Mostly, this was a time to reflect on the work I had done, and to concentrate on formatting my work into a professional tone and website. As an exercise in professionalism and reflection, I quite enjoyed this project.