Asian Centre lobby upgrade
Timeline: March 5 – mid-May
– New carpet already installed in March.
– Lighting to be replaced and upgraded to improve usability of space.
– 8 additional electrical outlets, 3 work benches with seating, and low tables; 1 water fountain and a book return inside the building to be installed.
Access from Asian Centre front entrance might be compromised after library/building open hours on certain days, to be confirmed by Andrew Mah, Project Manager, UBC Project Services.
Asian Centre Roof Repair
Timeline: End of March – Aug 2012
– Project notification received in mid-February.
– Project mobilization started in mid-April. Project scope includes replacement of roof and sky light.
– Building is to remain fully operational during May 16th – 19th, both dates inclusive.
– Traffic management schedule, scaffolding at roof line level and sidewalk closure started Apr 16- Aug 12.
Contact: Eleanor Yuen, Head, Asian Library at email@example.com or 604-822-5905