1.     There are two open exec positions! Elections will be held at the next meeting — if you are interested in becoming an exec for ASIS&T please come prepared with a short blurb on why we should elect you. If only one person wants each position it’ll be smooth sailing but if we have to hold a vote, blurbs are important so come prepared just in case.

Available Positions:
  • Co-Chair – Reports to the members; along with the chair helps draft a year end report which we submit to ASIS&T;  liaises with other chapters as well as the parent organization. Chair’s other half who tag teams when necessary.
  • Secretary – Primarily takes meeting minutes and is responsible for making them available to the membership. Keeps a record of chapter activities in good order.
If you would like more information on either position feel free to contact me and I can put you in touch with our ex-co-chair and secretary.

2.     The Unconference has been moved to January – there was talk on having it in the first week of classes and pairing it with the January SLAIS potluck. There will be an Unconference planning meeting soon (time and location TBA), if interested in being a part of the planning committee please e-mail me asist.ubc@gmail.com or me at egrguric@gmail.com.

3.     MAGIC lab demo night is on Thursday, November 21st from 5pm – 8pm at the MAGIC Lab (which is in the Forestry Building at UBC).
4.     LASSA is hosting a SLAIS Halloween Party on October 30th from 7pm – 11pm! There will be invitations in your SLAIS mailboxes. It is at Thea’s Lounge in Koerner House (where new student orientation took place) and costumes are highly encouraged.

And last but not least – KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED for a doodle to determine when our All-You-Can-Eat-Sushi-with-Karaoke-and-a-Pub night is going to happen.