@ UBC Learning News

Applications Open for 2024-2025 Advanced Professional Certificate in Behavioural Insights

Applications are now being accepted for the 2024-2025 cohort of UBC’s Advanced Professional Certificate in Behavioural Insights […]

UBC’s Advanced Professional Certificate in Behavioural Insights program is now accepting applications for the 2024-2025 cohort!

UBC’s Advanced Professional Certificate in Behavioural Insights

Developed in response to requests from Canadian employers and employees, UBC’s Advanced Professional Certificate in Behavioural Insights is rigorous practitioner training to help you develop your applied behavioural science knowledge and skills. Over the course of 9 months, this program combines live online coursework and a capstone project to get you ready to apply Behavioural Insights to the challenges you care about. The next cohort will run from August 26, 2024-June 1, 2025.

Applications are now being accepted
  • The early bird application deadline is May 31.
  • The final application deadline is June 30.
  • Learn more and apply now at: https://sauder.ubc.ca/cbs-bi.
Prerequisite course details

To be eligible for the certificate program, you must successfully complete the prerequisite course, Fundamentals of Behavioural Insights. Over 3 weeks, this introductory course provides an overview to behavioural insights, experimentation, and ethics as well as to the pacing and rigour of the program. This course is being offered:

• Nov. 20-Dec. 10, 2023 with your choice of live online seminars:
    • Wednesdays 2-4pm Pacific OR
    • Wednesdays 5-7pm Pacific
  • Apr. 22-May 12, 2024 with live online seminars:
    • Thursdays 5-7pm Pacific

Learn more and register at: https://continuingstudies.sauder.ubc.ca/courses/fundamentals-behavioural-insights

Learn how to use BI to tackle the challenges you care about! More details at https://sauder.ubc.ca/cbs-bi
What our alumni say

The UBC Advanced Professional Certificate in Behavioural Insights program provided me with a practical toolkit to incorporate into my current field of work. From behavioural insights theory to statistical analysis and project management, this course taught me how to create, execute, analyze, and scale behavioural interventions accordingly. Whether in a traditional field like marketing or something more modernized such as user experience, this program applies to various work areas and levels of expertise.

Richard Galazzo
Class of 2022
Content Marketing Lead, CENGN

The Advanced Professional Certificate in Behavioural Insights provides an opportunity to learn more about human behaviour from leading experts. The program provides an excellent opportunity to learn more about the theory behind behavioural insights in addition to providing the opportunity to develop practical skill sets to apply these theories to address real world challenges. Developing these skills not only supported my transition to a new career in the behavioural science field, but it also provided me with a new lens on human behaviour that I will be able to use throughout my career, no matter what field it is in.

Lindsay Miles-Pickup
Class of 2021
Methods Specialist, BC Behavioural Insights Group