I’ve always been thinking about what element is considered to be most paramount for teamwork. Recently when I was reviewing Janet’s blog, I found her sharing her working experience, which is unique and meaningful. That blog was talking about how vital a satisfied working area is for the well-being of workers. I do agree her idea and also, I believe that except of working environment, the communication between employees are even more paramount.

A satisfied environment does encourage the employees to work with happiness while improving productivity. But apart from the physical environment, interpersonal relationship decides the enjoyment of working. I have experienced similar experience which is working in a nice environment with nice lightening facilities and air conditioner. Even though the environment makes me relaxed, my working colleagues are like robots. Our job is to simply fry different food and packaging them. Usually when one is frying the food, the others are preparing other works. My colleagues never chat with me or tell me the procedure of their work. Thus I have to keep walking to his working area to check.

How can my work become interesting if I’m working with people who don’t talk?

This wastes a lot of time and makes my work boring and inefficient. Referred to the five-stage model, my colleagues and I are still on stage 1 which is independent with each other. The lack of communication between each worker makes the information unable to deliver. Also the group can’t form a team and the workers don’t consider themselves as part of the group. The workers each focus on their own accomplishment instead of thinking the idea to unite as a team.

This experience made me think of the importance of communication between workers. I originally thought works can be completed efficiently only if each one does his/her best. But conversely, a good interpersonal relationship forms people into a team. Each teammate acts their different ability to reach goals. Communication are bridges that links each teammate and it can deliver information timely which improves the productivity.

Word Count: 342

1. Raziq, Abdul, and Raheela Maula Bakhsh. “See All › 3 Citations See All › 29 ReferencesShare Download Full-text PDF.” Research Gate. Procedia Economics and Finance, 23 Oct. 2014. Web. 26 Mar. 2017.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/273696088_The_Impact_of_Working_Environment_on_Job_Satisfaction

2.  https://blogs.ubc.ca/janetmou/2017/02/05/working-in-such-an-organization-stay-or-leave/