Indigenizing Curriculum and Instruction

Module 1, Post 3

The Aboriginal Perspectives website contains information to help teacher infuse their instruction with traditional aboriginal perspectives. It includes 7 different lessons each consisting of several smaller video segments, featuring aboriginal role models that give interviews about their careers, education, and a bit about them as a person, plus demonstrations of traditional activities such as tipi building, birch bark biting, and counting in Cree. The site includes materials for 35 different math activities (grades 4 & 6) from delivered workshops, along with 13 different Aboriginal games and a shortlist of references.

Aboriginal Perspectives. (n.d.). Introduction. http://aboriginalperspectives.uregina.ca/introduction.shtml

Tags

1. Thanks for sharing this resource Brenda! I like that they provide video segments of demonstrations of the activities as it is easier to see it in action as opposed to reading it and interpreting it ourselves, which may cause incorrect assumptions.

2. Thank you for sharing, Brenda! Most of your posts align with my project for this course and my job next year. I am learning so much from you!

1. I will be examining your collection too, as we definitely are following a similar focus area!