M3: P2 – Art Processors

Art Processors is an Australian creative technology company that focuses on enhancing visitor experiences in museums and galleries alike. Of the several projects that they showcase on their “Our Work” page on their website, three are Indigenous based: “WA Museum Boola Bardip”, “Josh Muir: What’s on Your Mind?”, and “Awaken”. In boasting that their “work strives to create a harmony between people, place, content and technology”, Art Processors incorporates the holistic approach of Indigenous knowledge and understanding, meanwhile building it with digital technology.

1. Hi Neal!
    This is super cool. I lived in Australia for awhile, (10 years ago) and it’s amazing how Indigenous art and culture is being expressed and showcased. I lived in Brisbane and I remember visiting galleries and it just seemed that Indigenous history and story was trapped in the past.
    This is amazing.

1. Hi Mandy,
      Thanks for taking a look. I lived in Melbourne for a few months (also, a lifetime ago): so much culture, especially in the arts there. However, you’re right that the “shared” Indigenous culture is trapped in the past, sadly not unlike Indigenous cultures around the globe.
      Neal