Sometimes you’re on the top, Sometimes you’ve hit a low

Posted by in Uncategorized

Before my entrance into Sauder, my marketing view or even business as a whole was very limited. However as each class progressed, I began to attain more and more knowledge. Now, I can see or at least in my eyes or perspective, I can come into conclusions of how theses businesses slowly approach to what almost everyone values “success”. Recently, I have been browsing through the internet and I have come a long a unique bracelet called “Lokai”. This beaded bracelet holds a special and meaningful message behind it. There is a black and white bead attached to it a long with other clear beads. The black bead holds mud from the dead sea, the lowest point on earth while the white bead carries water from Mount Everest, the highest point on earth. But what does this all mean?

lokai_braceletsjewelsandmore1

From what I had just mentioned previously above leads into a story based on personal experience. The creator of this bracelet was struck by disastrous news due to his grandfather being diagnosed with Alzheimer. At this point in his life, it was represented by the black bead, the lowest point on earth was where he felt the lowest in his life. The creator utilized his first hand experience to market this product was indeed smart because most consumers who purchase his product were emotionally appealed as a result of this marketing strategy. I can second that because I, myself was emotionally appealed. This type of business is an example of ethical usage within it’s company. Not only did Lokai excelled in implementing the usage of ethics in business but also they provided a video of the Lokai employee crew gathering the water and mud in order to prove authenticity in their products. Overall, Lokai is great example of a company that pursues in the usage of ethics in its marketing strategy.

Sources: http://mylokai.com/authenticity