RE: “Staying true to home.”

Posted by in Uncategorized

As the winter season approaches, consumer’s tastes of clothing apparel shifts from the summer tank tops to the fashionable winter apparel. If you haven’t noticed in the past years, especially in Vancouver, The North Face as a brand has sprouted into popularity. Lets be honest, when we hear North Face, what do we automatically think of? The typical puffy Nuptse jacket or what most people refer to as “the bomber”. However, as mentioned in Mike Chen’s “Staying True to home.” North Face has simply declined as a whole. But why? How can a company with much success suddenly begin to vanish in the eyes of the consumers? A simple solution to those aforementioned questions is because of its competitive or we ought to say “competitive” competitors.

canada-goose-patches-1

Some brand names that pop up to consumers when it comes to outwear, winter, clothing apparel can be: The North Face, Arcteryx or Columbia. However, a new brand that has sprung into the market quickly and powerfully is Canada Goose. As my fellow classmate has mentioned a Canada Goose product is quite costly in comparison to its competitors. By just looking at it’s price, many, even I, myself, question, how can Canada Goose compete with its competitors with its products being priced so highly? The catch is staying true to it’s business model. While many other companies resort to Asia to stay competitive in the scene, Canada Goose refuses to because they believe premium quality is important to it’s brand image and reputation. In response, I deeply believe in Chen’s opinion of consumers being attracted to Canada Goose because of its reliability and reputation. In a competitive nature much like Canada Goose, I do believe staying true to one’s business model directly correlates with a businesses success.

Mike’s Blog:https://blogs.ubc.ca/mikechen/2014/11/09/staying-true-to-home/