Tissot:scam or scam free?

Posted by in Uncategorized

I was always a fan of watches. But i wasn’t a fan of any watches. I was more into the brands reliability and its reputation. So watches that were from designer brands were not in my interest and I didn’t bother to even take a look at them. In my eyes, they were simply just for the brand name and image. Designer watches are of course not specialized in the production of watches. Moving on, one particular brand that caught my eyes in recent years was the brand Tissot. In all honesty, when i reached my decision in purchasing a pair of this watch, I was the happiest boy on earth. No regrets were made. Not until I read Altwoodmon’s blog of his own personal Tissot watch he purchased back in 2008. Obviously, any watch owners know the feeling when one’s battery operated watch dies down on them. The hassle or even thinking of the idea of replacing the battery in the most tedious methods is just simply, annoying. This is where the problem of the so called “reliable” watch brand Tissot, comes into question.

Tissot_logo_sport

Altwoodmoon’s watch died down in 5 years as promised by the battery’s life span. This wasn’t a problem until he brought it to the Tissot store he purchased it from. With expectancy to just pay the fee of paying for a new replacement of battery, Altwoodmoon had no problem in paying the fee. Not until, Tissot announced diappointing news to him. They no longer possess the battery type for his watch or simply, they didn’t even make that battery type anymore. The only deal Tissot can announce to Altwoodmoon was paying an extra costly fee in order to replace it with a new watch. Now this comes into question, I totally agree with Altwoodmoon. As an owner of a pair of Tissot watch, I now wonder if this brand was the right purchase. Is Tissot a company with unethical techniques to basically “force” consumers into buying a new watch or are they going to fix their unethical strategies with their watches?

Sources:https://altwoodmoon.wordpress.com/2013/09/19/my-tissot-watch/