The New Curriculum (video)

Due: Anytime between Monday, January 30-Wednesday, February 8, 2017

As a practicing teacher, you have noticed that many parents have a limited understanding of–or are confused by–the new curriculum. You want to help parents better understand the new curriculum and the implications for learning for the children in your class.

In this assignment, you will create a video or PowerPoint slide presentation with voice over or other similar resource that will:

• Explain the new curriculum to parents
  • Describe how the curriculum will support your students’ learning
  • Illustrate your approach to teaching within the new curriculum

Your video or PowerPoint slides with voice over should be no more than 4 minutes long.  It can be in French or English, but I encourage you to do it in French.  As you create this, think from a parent’s perspective (i.e., what would a parent want to know?).

In addition to addressing the points above, please include:

• your name, date, and contact information (as relevant)
  • resources cited (incorporate ideas from–and cite–at least one peer reviewed article from the class)

If you would like to suggest a modification to this assignment, please contact me by January 20, 2017.  I will need to approve any modification in writing.

Please let me know if you have any questions or want me to look at a draft of your work.

How to submit your assignment:

Please include the link to your video in a post on this course blog. If you are uploading a PowerPoint (or other similar file), please compress the slides if possible.

When posting, please follow the same process as you did for the “Conversation [new and old curriculum”, however, this time make sure to toggle BOTH these categories on the right hand side of the menu:

• All Student work 2017
  • New curriculum

Please be in touch if you have questions.