This page provides resources that will be useful to teachers and are related to various topics in this course.
Class slides (EDST 403/January-February 2017):
January 30, 2017. No slides. Rick Hansen Foundation School Program Workshop.
February 6, 2017
In-class activities & assignments:
Class 2: Ways of knowing jigsaw. Details here.
Class 5: Focused Conversation Handout. Download here.
- Association for Mindfulness in Education
- Mindfulness for teens (by Dr. Dzung Vo, UBC)
Teacher sites/blogs (samples):
Mme Cobleigh, French immersion primary teacher at Brantford Elementary
Mme Workun, French immersion primary teacher at Jules Quesnel Elementary
Annotated teaching philosophies (2014)
- Creative Commons Licenses Explained (YouTube Video)
- Credibility of Websites
- Learning Styles (don’t exist)
- How Praise Became a Consolation Prize (good article on false growth mindset and work of Dweck)
- The Complete Book of Questions
- BC Digital Literacy Framework