About Me

Hello! I am a fourth year undergraduate student at the University of British Columbia in the Bachelor of International Economics program (second cohort). My main areas of focus are the roles of gender and of public policy in the context of inequality, space and processes of economic development, along with an abiding interest in cities and urban environments. I chose to study economics to ground my understanding of the processes that form the living space (and I just liked the idea of having models to better frame those ideas), which also led me to re-examine geography. The wide-ranging themes and big questions of development explored in economics always seemed to relate back to people, space, and/or settings (as one would expect). So, I naturally stumbled upon Geographic Information Science, which opened a whole ‘new’ discipline for exploring, understanding and interpreting data (and much more actually). To say the least, I ended up taking so many courses in geography that it became my other major. You can check out my other website which showcase a project that my (project) partner and I completed in the Advanced Issues in GIScience course to get an idea of what I’ve learned through GIS. Overall, I really enjoyed my time at UBC as an interdisciplinary student (as I am a soon-to-be graduate), and would encourage many people, if not all, to explore their interests from perspectives of other disciplines because it may spark new ideas, interests, or other realizations. After graduation, I will be continuing my education to explore the concept of public (or urban) intervention in addressing social justice, well-being, and (in)equity.

If you’ve liked what you’ve seen on this website, or simply have a question, please use the form below to contact me: