Reply E-mail to Prospective Writing Team Member (1)

To: jojoxiaojing@icloud.com
From: ayung.24@alumni.ubc.ca
Date: September 17th, 2019
Subject: Re: ENGL 301 – Professional Writing Team Application

Hi Jojo,

Thank you for considering me to be a part of your professional writing team for ENGL 301. It would be my pleasure to be a part of it. I have taken the time to read your application letter and am excited to have met someone also in the BCS program. I believe we would work well together due to our similar backgrounds academically and professionally.

As we both worked at management companies, we have been exposed to rather similar forms of formal written communication between clients and our superiors. I believe this would aid in our peer-editing sessions since our writing skills would be on par with each other. Although you mentioned English is not your first language, your writing seems on par with native speakers.

I appreciate how you try to overcome your weakness in writing by having others review your documents. I also often have my superiors review all my documents before sending to ensure correctness. Therefore, I enjoy working in teams because it allows room for error. I believe you will benefit our writing team since it seems you are a team player. Furthermore, I agree with your learning philosophy about always going one layer deeper to gain further insight. This is similar to how I try to understand new concepts taught to me. By going one layer deeper, one can gain more insight and a deeper understanding of concepts. Our similarity with our exposure to formal written communication and our learning approaches will make it easy for us to work with each other.

Thank you for considering me to be a part of your professional writing team. I am looking forward to working with you for the rest of the semester.

I have attached my letter of application for future review.

Amy Yung

301-Amy-Yung-Application-Letter