Application Package

Page

Applying for a job can be a daunting task. One may wonder, “How can I best showcase myself to a potential employer?”.

Below is my application package prepared for the course English 301 at UBC. All documents are in pdf file for easy downloading, filing, printing or emailing.

• The job posting is for a full-time geotechnical position at Glencore. It is a current, career-relevant advertisement drawn from UBC’s CareersOnline website. Details such as job expectation and required education/skills are provided:

301 Thu Vo Job Advertisement

• The one-page cover letter highlights relevant technical and interpersonal skills, showcases one’s understanding of the prospective organization and conveys a bit of personality:

301 Thu Vo Cover Letter

• The one-page resume summarizes work experience, education, certifications, etc. to the prospective employer, following the style set out in the textbook Technical Communications:

301 Thu Vo Resume

• The letters requesting for references are addressed to those who have a good understanding of my previous work and can speak highly of me:

301 Thu Vo Letters Requesting Reference

MLA Reference for Job Advertisement:

The University of British Columbia (UBC) Website. UBC CareersOnline, 21 March 2019, https://ubc-csm.symplicity.com/students/index.php/pid830342?s=jobs&ss=jobs&mode=form&id=7a1aae8838ee9a341151f8926b164068. Accessed 25 March 2019