ECHO Foundation is a non-profit organization devoted to encourage Rapa Nui people to forge their own destiny in a conscious and responsible way. Their goals are:
- To inform, educate, and integrate the family as the heart of the Rapa Nui community.
- To promote, develop, and support activities that preserve and stimulate Rapa Nui’s sense of community and culture, in a variety of fields including art, history, education, and agriculture.
- To encourage self-appreciation and cultural interaction to promote the respect, value, and understanding of different cultures.
- To create a community consciousness to care for and respect the environment
- To promote the use of Rapa Nui language in daily life.
To encourage and foster opportunities for senior citizens to transmit their family lore, oral traditions, narratives, and life experiences.