SAY Magazine

SAY Magazine is a magazine targeting Aboriginal youth (there are Canadian and American versions available).  Their has a variety of resources including the latest content from the magazine, news, and links among other things.  There are also biographies of the SAY Ambassadors.  These are Aboriginal youth and adults who have seen success in various areas (i.e. musicians, actors, filmmakers etc.).  This website is created to empower Aboriginal youth and make them aware of opportunities for their future.  I noticed there seemed to be a large emphasis on postsecondary opportunities.  The links section was probably the most comprehensive I’ve seen in any Aboriginal site I have explored in this assignment.  These were broken into smaller categories (i.e. career, health, arts, sports, education, etc.) and included aboriginal and non-aboriginal links for Aboriginal youth.

This entry was posted in Module 3 and tagged , , on by .

About Jason McAllister

My name is Jason McAllister and I’m a teacher currently living in the interior of British Columbia. I am currently working on my Master’s of Educational Technology. I’m married and have a 4 month old son. I’m a huge sports fan and have coached middle/high school sports for the last 4 years. This blog was originally created as part of my work in the MET program but I hope to continue updating it throughout my work in this program.